Church & Charity
“The welfare of the people is the ultimate law.” Cicero
Russell & Co has acted as the legal representative and advisor to a large number of religious and charitable organisations, both local and national in scale, almost since its foundation.
We provide assistance to such bodies on the full range of legal services commencing with the initial arrangements for setting up the organisation and extending to the many matters which often arise during that organisation’s existence, including advice on:
- setting up of a charity and any associated companies
- continuing administration
- applications to the High Court in respect of property or assets to be applied cy-pres
- acquisition and disposal of capital assets
- landlord and tenant issues
- trustees’ powers, issues and appointments
- advice in respect of new charities legislation
- amalgamations and closures
- ecumenical projects
- employment and staffing matters
- social clubs and licensing applications
- relations with local authorities and governmental organisations
- any other matter that our clients request our assistance with.
Please contact Matthew Morrison with any enquiries.